Surah Al-Qadr, The ninety-seventh (97th) surah of the 30th verse is a part of the Meccan surahs. . Surah Qadr describes the greatness and excellence of the night of Qadr and the descent of angels in the night of Qadr.
بِسۡمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
|Indeed, ˹it is˺ We ˹Who˺ sent this ˹Quran˺ down on the Night of Glory.1||إِنَّآ أَنزَلْنَـٰهُ فِى لَيْلَةِ ٱلْقَدْرِ ١|
|And what will make you realize what the Night of Glory is?||وَمَآ أَدْرَىٰكَ مَا لَيْلَةُ ٱلْقَدْرِ ٢|
|The Night of Glory is better than a thousand months.||لَيْلَةُ ٱلْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌۭ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍۢ ٣|
|That night the angels and the ˹holy˺ spirit1 descend, by the permission of their Lord, for every ˹decreed˺ matter.||تَنَزَّلُ ٱلْمَلَـٰٓئِكَةُ وَٱلرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمْرٍۢ ٤|
|It is all peace until the break of dawn.||سَلَـٰمٌ هِىَ حَتَّىٰ مَطْلَعِ ٱلْفَجْرِ ٥|
What Is Surah al-Qadr?
Surah Qadr is the 97th chapter of the Quran. It is named after the opening verse, “We have indeed revealed this (Quran) in the Night of Power.” The surah focuses on the importance of the Night of Power, which is believed to be the night when the Quran was first revealed to the Prophet Muhammad.
The surah also emphasizes the importance of seeking guidance and forgiveness from Allah, as well as the rewards that await those who believe and do good deeds. It is traditionally read during the last ten nights of Ramadan, as it is believed to be a time of increased blessings and spiritual growth.
Why This Night Is Different From All Others [Surah al-Qadr]
There are a few different ways in which the night you are referring to could be different from other nights. One possibility is that you are referring to the night of Passover, which is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the Israelites’ escape from slavery in Egypt.
On this night, Jews observe a special meal called the Seder, during which they retell the story of the Exodus and eat symbolic foods. Another possibility is that you are referring to a night that is special to you for some other reason, such as a birthday or an anniversary. In this case, the night would be different from others because it marks a significant event or milestone in your life.
The Significance Of The Night Of Destiny [Surah al-Qadr]
The night of destiny, or laylat al-qadr, is a significant night in the Islamic calendar. It is believed to be the night when the first verses of the Quran were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad by the angel Gabriel.
This event is considered to be the beginning of the revelation of the Quran, and Muslims believe that the night of destiny is a night of great blessings and spiritual significance. It is typically observed during the last ten days of the month of Ramadan, and many Muslims spend the night in prayer and reflection.
Surah Al-Qadr: A Short Corner Of Paradise
- Surah Al-Qadr, also known as Surah 97 of the Quran, is a short chapter of the Quran that describes the night of destiny, or laylat al-qadr. The word “qadr” means “power” or “destiny,” and the surah describes the night as being “better than a thousand months” (Quran 97:3).
- It is believed that during this night, the first verses of the Quran were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, and Muslims believe that the night is a time of great blessings and spiritual significance. In the surah, God promises that anyone who spends the night in prayer and devotion will be rewarded with “a short corner of paradise” (Quran 97:5).
The Surah That Gives You Your Heart’s Desire
- The night we are pardoned, or Laylat al-Bara’ah is a significant night in Islamic tradition. This night is believed to occur on the 27th day of the month of Sha’ban, and it is considered to be a night of forgiveness and mercy.
- According to Islamic tradition, on this night, Allah forgives all of His servants who sincerely seek His forgiveness. It is also believed that this night marks the beginning of a new year in the Islamic calendar and that it is a time when the fate of each individual is decided for the coming year.
- Many Muslims observe this night by fasting, praying, and reciting the Quran. They also seek Allah’s forgiveness and mercy and make efforts to improve their relationships with others and their connection to Allah.
- Overall, Laylat al-Bara’ah is an important night in the Islamic tradition, and it is a time for believers to seek Allah’s forgiveness and mercy and to reflect on their actions and relationships.
Surah Al Qadr is the 97th chapter of the Quran. The word “surah” means “chapter” in Arabic, and “Al Qadr” means “The Power” or “The Night of Decree.” The English translation of Surah Al Qadr would therefore be “Chapter 97: The Power” or “Chapter 97: The Night of Decree
To pray Surah Al Qadr, you will need to perform the standard Islamic prayers, which consist of several steps. Here is a brief overview of the steps involved in praying